If you started playing World of Warcraft Classic (WoW) during or after Cataclysm, then having to train in the use of weapons will feel a bit weird to you. However, it is something you have to get used to because weapons training is a thing in WoW Classic. This is because the skills and experiences your character has gained during the course of the game as well as the amount of time it has spent completing quests does not mean it will know how to effectively use a sword or other weapons. Before you can do this, you have to spend time with the weapon and earn the right to use it.
Weapon trainers and the weapon skill system were not previously available in Cataclysm, however, they are both on WoW Classic, which means you will have to journey to weapon trainers in order to learn how to wield weapons your class cannot use by default.
WoW Classic weapon trainers and masters are special Non-Player Characters (NPCs) that are in charge of teaching characters how to use different weapon types. It is imperative that you know the location of each trainer as well as the weapon they teach since they all teach different weapons. This article aims to provide you information as regards the location of each WoW Classic weapon trainers.
Classes of Weapons Available
Each of the game’s nine classes begin with different default weapons and each class can only learn specific weapon types.
- Rogues – They can wield daggers, bows, guns, crossbows, one-handed maces, fist weapons, thrown weapons, one-handed swords, and daggers. However, they cannot use staves.
- Warriors – They can use any weapon available in the game apart from wands.
- Warlocks – They can wield daggers, staves, and one-handed swords. They can also wield wands without training.
- Shamans – They can use staves, one-handed maces two-handed maces, one-handed swords, and two-handed swords. They can also learn to use two-handed axes and maces through their Enhancement talent.
- Priests – They can use one-handed maces, daggers and staves. They can also wield wands without training.
- Paladins – They can wield one-handed maces, two-handed maces, one-handed axes, two-handed axes, one-handed swords, and two-handed swords.
- Mages – They can use staves, daggers, and one-handed swords. They can wield use wands without training.
- Druids – They can wield daggers, polearms, fist weapons, one-handed maces, two-handed maces, and staves.
- Hunters – They can wield bows, guns, staves, polearms, thrown weapons, fist weapons, crossbows, daggers, one-handed swords, two-handed swords, one-handed axes, and two-handed axes.
WoW Classic Weapon Trainers Locations
You should note that if you don’t have the weapon skill to learn a particular weapon type, then you can’t use it even if you belong to the class that can wield the said weapon. Furthermore, you can train to learn a new weapon skill at even Level One for any class, all you need is 10 silver. However, if you want to learn to use polearms, you have to be at Level 20 and have one gold.
The following are the locations of WoW Classic weapon trainers in WoW Classic:
There are three WoW Classic weapon trainers locations in Alliance, and they are Ironforge, Darnassus, and Stormwind.
There are two weapon trainers in Ironforge, a dwarf and a gnome. They can both be found in Timberline Arms, which is located in the southern part of the Military Ward.
The dwarf, Buliwyf Stonehand, teaches the use of one-handed axes, two-handed axes, one-handed maces, two-handed maces, guns, and fist weapons.
The gnome, Bixi Wobblebonk, teaches the use of daggers, crossbows, and thrown weapons.
Ilyenia Moonfire is a night elf and the trainer in Darnassus. She can be found in the western region of the Warrior’s Terrace. She teaches the use of bows, throwing weapons, fist weapons, staves, and daggers.
Woo Ping is a human weapons trainer in Stormwind and is located in Weller’s Arsenal, right in the middle of the Trade District. They teach the use of crossbows, staves, swords, daggers, and polearms.
There are three WoW Classic weapon trainers locations in Horde. They are Thunderbluff, Orgrimmar, and Undercity.
Ansekhwa, a Tuaren, is the weapons trainer in Thunderbluff. He is situated in the middle part of the city, by the pond. He teaches the use of staffs, maces, and guns.
There are two weapon trainers in Orgrimmar, and they are located next to each other. They can be found in a building in the northeastern part of the Valley of Honor.
Hanashi is a troll; he teaches the use of bows, staves, thrown weapons, one-handed axes, and two-handed axes.
Sayoc, an Orc, teaches the use of daggers, staves, fist weapons, thrown weapons, one-handed axes, two-handed axes, and bows.
Archibald is an Undead and the trainer in Undercity. You can find him in the inner ring of the War Quarter. He is proficient in teaching the use of crossbows, swords, polearms, and daggers.
You can also hunt these WoW Classic weapon trainers down yourself with some hints. However, you should note that they are all situated in major cities. You can city guards for directions to their locations and they will help you mark them down on your map. You can also ask the location of other weapon trainers and the weapons they are proficient in from the first weapon master the guards point you to.