Using cheats when playing Sims 4 enables its players to open different parts to success within the game. Although they are referred to as cheats or cheat codes, using them is not so much cheating as it is improving the reality of its players within the game. In fact, the Sims 4 cheats constitute a significant part of the game, so much that the developers built a section for inputting these cheat codes into the game.
This article discusses how to activate cheats within the game and the Sims 4 free real estate cheats.
How To Activate Cheats in The Sims 4
- Before you can enable any cheat within the Sims 4, you have to bring up the cheap option. Adhere to the following to achieve this:
- On PC: Hold both Ctrl and Shift keys, then press C
- On Mac: Hold the Command and Shift keys, then press C
- On PS4: Press down on all four shoulder buttons simultaneously
- On Xbox One: Press down on all four shoulder buttons simultaneously
- When you execute any of the above correctly, the cheat option box will appear in the upper right corner of your screen
- In this box, enter “testingcheats true” (without the quotation marks). This enables you to enable other cheats. It also allows you to shift-click on Sims and items, among others, to reveal more cheat options.
How to Use Shift-Click Cheats
- To shift-click on gaming consoles, press keys A and B (on Xbox One) and X and O (PS4) simultaneously.
- You can also change the needs of any Sim by shift-clicking on the Sim whose conditions you’d like to change and then select “Cheat Need.”
- To improve the mood of a Sim, click on “Make Happy.”
- To lock in on the current needs of the Sim, select “Disable Need Decay” in the Cheat Need option menu.
- To edit features of a Sim other than the name and inherited traits of the Sim in Create-a-Sim, click on “Modify on CAS.”
You can also carry out shift-click activities on an object in Sims 4:
- To reset the status of an object, shift-click on the object and select “Reset Object.”
- To change the status of an object, shift-click on the object and click on either “Make Clean or Make Dirty.”
How to Use the Sims 4 Free Real Estate Cheat
Not everyone in the Sims world can afford to buy some of the really gorgeous houses available in the gaming world. As a result of this, some Simmers use a cheat that will enable them gain access into these houses for free. This cheat also enables them to save time they would spend in moving into a house and using the “motherlode” or “kaching” cheats, then moving back out and into another home.
To make it possible for your Sim to access a house above your paygrade, enter the cheat code “freerealestate on.” (Note: Do not enter the quotation marks.) Thereafter, you’ll see a message that informs you that the cheat code has been turned on within the command window.
Close the cheat option box by pressing Ctrl + Shift + C simultaneously or simply pressing the ESC button.
Other money cheats available in the Sims 4 are:
- Kaching – When you type this cheat code into the command console, the game provides you with 1,000 simoleons.
- Rosebud – Typing this code into the command console earns you 1,000 simoleons
- Motherlode – Typing this cheat code into the command console earns you 50,000 simoleons.
- Money X – When you enter this code into the command console, replace X with a number that indicates the exact amount of simoleons you want for your household.
- FreeRealEstate Off – This cheat code does the complete opposite of the “freerealestate on” mentioned above. It is mostly used after the “freerealestate on” code has been used, and it functions by turning all household bills that were previously inexistent on again.
- autopsy_bills true – This cheat code turns your household bills off
- autopsy_bills false – This code turns your household bills back on.
The Sims 4 free real estate cheat is a very effective and convenient cheat code that enables its players to lodge their Sims in any house of their choice, regardless of how much the houses cost. It offers its players utmost convenience right from the move in screen. If you are interested in living in any house you want, then you may want to try this code out.